Powered By Blogger

Monday, March 14, 2011

Lady Gaga's 'Born This Way' Plagiarism?

A plagiarism controversy is brewing online between Lady Gaga’s “Born This Way” and SNSD’s “Be Happy.”

Recently, someone uploaded a youtube video and compared the two songs.
This lead to accusations of plagiarism, Lady Gaga would have copied SNSD's 'Be happy'.

The reactions were pretty divided:
“It sounds like it was plagiarized,”
“No wonder ‘Born This Way’ sounded so familiar.”
“She's Talentless, copycat and creepy. She was born that way”

Others (probably Lady Gaga's Fans)  replied,
“Lady Gaga composes her own songs. This was composed by her, and it’s not the same at all,” 
“It might just be coincidence.”

E-TRIBE, the composer behind “Be Happy,” responded to the claims through Newsen on March 11th and stated, “Someone this morning told me that there were reports of Lady Gaga plagiarizing SNSD’s ‘Be Happy.’ I listened, and I do feel that there are similarities. The way the song flows and the arrangements are, honestly, the same. I am currently working to get in contact with Lady Gaga’s publishing label to find further information.”


I think they do sound alike.
I'll not immediately that she plagiarised, but it would be a great coincidence.
However, I think it's gonna be hard to find out whether it's a coincidence or plagiarism.
You can never be 100% sure, but I hope it turns out for SNSD.
Fact is, Lady Gaga is more famous and has more fans.
I like SNSD's 'Be Happy' more though.
If you still don't believe she's just a copycat check this out:


Xx


No comments:

Post a Comment